Kat doodles about life:
Thank You so much for all your support, liking, following and everything else You have done for me recently. I appreciate all the attention coming from all around the world!!! So now back to business. I know you have probably wondered, where I have gone, but believe me although I was, still am, very busy with making pots and pans clean and shiny, I did not forget. I have been thinking about the blog at all the times. Even when I walk to work every morning through Whiteladies Road here in Bristol! There are so many amazing designer (mainly interior design and furniture) shops and I am thinking I have to tell you more!!! Now I have been making notes about little topics and articles I want to write about, so brace yourself and expect very soon me going on about these and many more subjects:
1. Young lady called Baduade. I came across her drawing as a feature in The Times newspaper. I will be posting more straight after this post.
2. I am learning French again. Well attempting! My beautiful French teacher Camille has got a lot of patience and I am introducing her to beauties of English language and magic of “being British”.
3. Newspaper Metro had recently very interesting article about Job Hunt Roulette by John Lees. So definitely one to follow for all of You looking for a job.
4. What else can be Ikea tape measure used for? (I know this not the answer, but did you get Your new Ikea catalogue through the door yet?…Ooooh I know what are You thinking:-)Better hide that debit card!
5. I have been thinking about this for years: People, who design dishwashers, have never been kitchen porters before! Otherwise….
6. Bookcases. I will be exploring this more as mine is overflowing. And whenever someone says bookcase I always think of my best friend Jan Sipek and his beautiful wall covered with books and simple wooden shelves. I will do my best to get a picture for You to see.
7. Mathmos lamp. Magical geeky lamp. To me this is a symbol of a Czech film Samotari (Loners). I watch it everytime I feel homesick.
8. Sizes of rooms. How do we perceive them? Where is the door? Can the double bed fit in it? Does it fit only in one corner? Do we look for the rooms with high ceilings or cosy little rooms with angled roof. I have been recently visiting few houses and it got me thinking. Size versus purpose of the room.
9. My friend’s blog- it is so cool! His actual nickname is a Good and he blogs in Czech, but definitely makes my days better. Once You find a good online translator, you will never want to stop reading his blog.
10. I got myself a design project!!! Redesigning a pad of two bachelors including sorting a lot of hoard. All of You who know me, you can imagine how excited how I am.
11. I am planning on posting few pictures from my garden. Otherwise getting ready for the autumn. Slugs definitely won this season!
12. I am obsessed with storage boxes and storage solutions, so there will be more of that coming up.
13. Ikea-once again. They have fantastic blog called Ikea Live.
14. This wonderful lady Michelle, who I admire very much, has been going on about Coworking in Cardiff for the last few months and now finally something is happening. She has one husband, two businesses to take care of and three awesome children, who I had the chance to babysit good few times. I don’t how she does it, but let me tell You, she is one to watch!
15. I passed Certificate of Proficiency in English! After eight years of waiting and trying to gain the confidence, here it is. Confirmed by Cambridge!
16. Start to my part-time course Designing for Interiors at City Bristol of College is in less than two weeks. I am sooo excited! Unbelievable!
That’s it for now! Now you cannot tell me I have not been thinking of YOU! Lots of love from Kat xxx